Friday, September 7, 2007

2nd test= no weekend

Well, the second anatomy test is this Monday. So that means that tomorrow (Saturday) we have a final review session and a practice practical exam and Sunday is our final study day. I personally do not support Monday tests. It means that I really do not have a weekend at all and have less time to study compared to the first test. We do get Tuesday off after our test but that isn't the same as a nice long weekend of relaxation after a Friday test.

This test should be interesting. We have covered the thorax, the heart and lungs, the abdomen, and the pelvis for this unit. In the course of our dissection however, we have removed the legs to get better access to the pelvis and have actually removed the pelvis in many cases. So basically all of the anatomy that we had dissected in the abdomen is ruined. I have no idea how they are going to find any preserved structures to tag. But I'm sure they will figure something out.

After this test, we move on to the head and neck, which should be pretty difficult. I have a feeling I will really want to be done by the end of September. The scrubs that I wear everyday for lab smell horrible and are greasy. My lab partners are finding that their talents for using the scalpel (cutting through all the important structures with the scalpel) are no longer needed so they aren't much help. I am the go-to person for doing the delicate dissections. I actually enjoy finding all the nerves and arteries and finding all the branches but it gets old when I am the only one doing the work. When I do take a break though, Jon tends to poke around the area that I just cleaned and mess it up. Tam just sits on a stool and watches, and Rebekah is pretty helpful but she doesn't really like finding vessels and nerves. So anyway, I will be studying this weekend and not watching football, maye.

3 comments:

Billie said...

Being the go-to person means you are learning and they are losing out. Take advantage of that role!

No weekend: it's like working weird shifts -- you take your day off when you get it. Not a Saturday or Sunday, but a day off nonetheless. :-)

Study hard. Good luck on your test on Monday.

I love you!

Mom
XXXO

mark said...

It sounds like you are getting the best experience of your body buddies. Don't be surprised if they don't have a testing body someplace with all of the parts still there.

Having no weekend is always weird but you just take the time off when you can.

Good luck on your test.

I love you,

Dad

Jo said...

Grandpa & I really enjoy reading your postings. Keep up the good work. Good luck on your test Monday!
Love you.

Grandpa & Grandma R.